Valentines Day is defined by dictionary.com as "a day for the exchange of tokens of affection." With it only being one week away, below are some of my thoughts, ideas, and places on where to go around town.
1. My thought: If you love someone you should show them everyday, not just on this one day of the year.
2. If giving a gift.. BE CREATIVE - putting the effort in to think of something outside of the box always means more to the person receiving the gift. It shows you put the thought and time in.
3. If you are giving the classic gift of flowers or chocolate to someone try to get the chocolate that person likes or the flowers that person likes. Wahl's Candies in Cheektowaga offers a lot of varieties to choose from. Zillycakes on Elmwood is a fun and creative bakery that offers more of a personal touch and North Park Florist offer beautiful floral arrangements.
4. Have a gift and want to have it wrapped in a unique way? Head over to Balloon Masters with your things and they will put your gifts inside a balloon. Its a neat and different way to wrap your gift. (Note: give a few days notice, sometimes it can take up to 24-48 hours to be done).
5. If planning an activity, try something new, maybe a little scavenger hunt around the city, or a new restaurant, or going to a museum. If you both like to be outdoors plan a trip to the Southtowns Chestnut Ridge, Holiday Valley or Kissing Bridge are all nice places to go to this time of year.
While Valentine's Day is primarily focused on couples, it isn't just about you and your other half. Its about showing the people you love and care about the most in your life how much you appreciate them.
Regardless of what gifts you receive or what activities you do... Happy (7 days early) Valentine's Day from me to you.