1. In the Spring of 2014 downtown Buffalo will be seeing a new upscale seafood restaurant on E. Huron St. called Oshun Seafood Restaurant. Offering an new place for people to gravitate to, I for one am looking forward to them opening!
2. Research and Design is an awesome retail store located in Orchard Park. While the building is in the shape of a barn, this place is amazing inside, from the wood features to the art and clothing they carry, its one of my favorite locally owned shops in town.
3. The Fairgrounds are currently hosting their annual Festival of Lights. Hours of operation are 5-9pm during select days. This makes a great holiday activity especially for little ones who like looking at the Christmas Lights. New this year are Walk Around Wednesdays where you can lace up your show, bundle up and walk the nearly two miles and enjoy the lighting display. Check their website to see when they are open.
4. Beakers and Beers is an event that the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus offers to employees and the public. Enjoy a neat networking experience for free.
5. One of my favorite events of all time is the Catwalk for Charity that Ryan Miller hosts for the Steadfast Foundation. Taking place at one of my favorite venues the Town Ballroom, this year the theme is Cirque du Sabres and I'm looking forward to attending.